The findinsite-js configuration screen is where you set up and control all
findinsite-js's functions, including indexing.
The main configuration options are shown on the right - click on the section name
to display the current settings and make any changes.
Before you do anything else,
check that the findinsite-js work directory is OK
in the General section - otherwise any changes you make may be lost.
- General section
- Set the work directory, password, license id and logging options
- Searching section
- Set the search options: search database(s), rules files etc
- Look and Feel section
- Configure the look of the results sheets, highlighting, the languages supported, and results sorting
- Indexing section
- Schedule regular indexing runs to build a search database for your site
- About section
- Display findinsite-js and runtime environment details
If you set a password previously then you will have to enter it to see the
findinsite-js configuration screen. A standard username/password dialog
will appear - use your chosen password but any username.
Browser Back Button
In general, findinsite-js will cope if you press the Back button of your browser
to go to a different configuration screen page. However, if you are editing
an indexing run, then you may lose your indexing run completely if you move away
from the indexing wizard pages.